View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 06:07 AM   #6
lsosa54
Grade 1
 
lsosa54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC and San Diego
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Steele View Post
Lou,

Hello. Just curious (anxious, really ), how's progress with the recordings?

Best regards,

Jon
I know you're anxious, Jon, it's just taken a lot of time to digitize. You have to remember each tape side is 30 to 45 mins. of audio and then gaps, noise, blips have to be edited to some extent and typically I've got to run it through through hiss reduction which can take 10-15 mins. per side, depending on the audio. The wav file then has to be compressed to mp3. The scanning also took quite a bit of time, even on a corporate type scanner. With the old pages and old dug in staples, etc, many manuals needed multiple runs through the scanner.

Believe it or not, everything for now is on the hard drive. I believe that Bill with Ted's help has settled on a location for the library and I will start to upload as time permits. Bill will then give the go ahead as to when the library forum itself will be made available.

I will be receiving about 6 more sets of tapes from member Tom M., who really deserves the credit for volunteering his vast collection of tapes and manuals.

Check your pm later on today.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote