View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
Probably as a result of no help from the Pharmacuetical Industry


Can't have confidence in what you read in a horses Past Performance when this type of thing is going on
I work the gate every weekend when I am not doing the harness races photo finishing and I am learning some new pharmacological information and I USED TO BE A LICENSED PHYSICIAN. Combinations of herbs and hard meds given as injections along with counteractants to mask the tests. They fellows who work the horses in the AM and many harness trainers also work the gate crew and tell me some harrowing tales of how many unsuspected actions take place when these heretofore UNTESTED combinations of meds wind up in the bloodstream of an active animal. It is truly disgusting.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote