View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:09 PM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Bill, thanks for laying out your thought process so clearly. You are a natural teacher, no nonsense, good references to the Follow Up and the method works!

Mum, after we talked this afternoon, I reviewed this thread and went over all Bill's notes, really quite straightforward, as you said. Then I called Doc to wish him and family Merry Christmas and to catch up. I told him about your hits at FG and HOL and how Bill and Richie have been helping you digest what he and Aline B demonstrated in the Follow Ups. Also he said he was touched by your kind words and by Bill and Richie's dedication to helping teach newcomers. He hoped your efforts were keeping you young (if not yet rich).

Doc also told me not to worry so much about how long it was taking me to release my next version of RDSS - just use the software as is, or use Val4 - and when more is available, then use that too. He said given the bad economic times, why be worrying about software perfection when tools exist to ease the pain financially by our parimutuel investments. I felt better. (We also talked about what was up with Canadian parliamentary shenanigans, a big storm and snowfall in SoCal, his grandkids, Mark Cramer's new book, our spouses, etc). It was good to catch up with him again.

Bill, please keep up the good teaching (and winning) work. I can tell Doc is really proud of you, proud that such interest continues in the advanced Methodology (i.e. the point he left it at before his retirement). Despite whatever troubles or mayhem may occur day-to-day, you have the respect of your mentor and should celebrate that.

Thanks.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline