Thread: Por Poh
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Por Poh

This is from Follow up # 45

Shane Sartins problem race

The word "Analyst"is not quite appropriate for this race since
I decided to let my computer programs do the analyzing for me
First I used my XTOR program to down load from past performance
plus PP+ to our NEW ( well available in July 1994) POR POH program
with Velocity/Energy/Chaos/formulae to detect the fastest horses
and the entrants with the greatest long shot potential.
I just entered all eight horses and let the program pick out
the (A) top four and ties from the pace they ran against
(B) the top four and ties who ran best against that pace,
and the long shot detector which sorts the top three who did the best against the pace of the race regardless of how fast it was.
We've been researching long shots ever since I came to work here three years ago and the two most important elements that seem to predict the most long shots are :
1) Horses that ran mediocre races against an extreamly fast pace.
2). (The one that makes the most money) Horses that may have run
more slowly but best overcame the pace they ran against.
Attached Images
 
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote