Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V.
I use Val 4 most of the time I always use the adjusted screen
I know the spec mode is probably better but I feel better
using Val 4. There is a certain reason why I say that. Since I don't "have" to bet any race, If I come onto a race with questions I just pass.
Usually I just have time to cherry pick some races on a card.
If there are many extractions or projections in pacelines
than I would use spec mode, As Ted has mentioned this is an improved feature over Val 4 . Since I don't have to worry about that
and I just am so locked in to using lines with over 7.5 beaten lengths
I have no temptation to use spec mode. But I am unique. I have many
tools in my RDSS tool box but basically I'm just using a windows based Val 4.
Living with my VDC readouts,
But for an overall best way to go I would say to use Spec mode
|
I won't use pace lines that are over 7.5 beaten lengths either, even if they have a better perceptor rating. In fact, if I can keep them all to 5 or less in terms of beaten lengths, I'm happy.
If there's too much guess work, I'll easily pass a race. Too many stretchers or turn-backs cloud the process.
If the odds are too low, I'll also pass. I liked Smooth Wind in the sixth at AQU, but not at even money. Friday I worked six races but ended up playing only one, hitting for $15.20.