View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
reckless
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Philadelphia Park
Posts: 259
hello Ted:

I tried my best yesterday (Saturday, April 11) to 'work' slower than normal. I did not jump from race-to-race, tab-to-tab, and especially, not from track to track. And yet I still had too many freezes, crashes and slow downs that I would have cut my wrists if it wasn't for my love of the RDSS program in pointing me to many winners! (Thanks)

I had only one track 'open' at any one time, which is also frustrating because when I handicap a race, or the entire card, while I don't lose the work, if I close down that track to work another track when I do return to that previous track, I need to fetch and re-download the past performances again (not from TM, but from the track module). Didja get that?

This is also very frustrating and time-consuming and the program crashed a few times on Saturday when I would close one track and re-launch the other.

I am writing today to ask you if is it possible to offer end users a slimmed down version of RDSS?? I understand that most people wish for more bells and whistles so this may seem to be a strange request. But, Ted, I am a child of ink and paper, and sometimes I try to use RDSS like I did the Racing Form, bouncing up and down and all around, turning pages at will.... well, you know what I mean.

For example, Ted, I don't have a need for the linked toteboard feature which seems to me to be at the heart of some of the system demands. And, while the color-coordinated widgets you make possible is extremely helpful, I would even forego that good feature if it helped to stop the continuous freezing and crashes.

I am not a techie by any stretch but I do know enough that these crashes are driving me nuts because there are absent features in RDSS that my nimble brain thinks should be both easy and available, yet are not, such as a print button, quicker access between tracks, or even a modeling environment of some sort.

I think RDSS is great and I had a tremendous day Saturday at Keeneland and Oaklawn, so I am not bitching and moaning... beyond the usual venting that horseplayers seem to have in abundance.

I am asking you for some suggestions on how to make the RDSS more relaible and enjoyable. Winning races goes a very long way in the happy department, for sure, and I am gonna send you the license fee this week, so I not laying the ground work to bail out of RDSS.<s>

Also, I had d-loaded the pp's for Saturday late Friday evening. For some reason I did not get the pp's for Oaklawn's final race, with a diolog box popping up and stating something about the odd distance of that race (it was a marathon) and that distance adjustments couldn't be made.

Did you know of this Ted?

Lastly (I promise), if I do download an earlier version of RDSS as you suggested on an earlier day, must I delete and remove the entire version of RDSS that I have on my hard drive?

Must I also contact you and/or TM about this, my thinking being when I fetch some race-cards the TM computer might read my computer and get different versions, which could necessitate denying me access?

Will changing versions of RDSS cause me more agita or less?

Thanks Ted for all your help. Please PM your home address so I could send you the license fee.
reckless is offline