Thread: TAM 4th Today
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
Question for you ted? On your paceline selection in race 4. Why did you not go back furthur for the 3 horse to get his route lines, when in fact for the 5 horse you went back 5 lines? The 3 and 5 last 3 races were sprints.

Bob
Bob, by #5 horse, I'm sure you mean the #6 horse I Love to Say Yes.

My reasoning on the #3 for using a recent sprint line (line 2)over an older route line (e.g. line 7) is that I tried both (top 2 TE and Perceptor) and each resulted in the same BL/BL rank position (rank 5), so I left it at the last one I tried, and a more recent one. Could have used either, but you're right, displaying the recent sprint looked confusing.

My reasoning on going back for the #6 horse was that it looked sort of fit, returning after 7 days and closed in its last race, and using any of the recent sprints was not going to do it any favours on BL/BL (too low TE). I wanted to rate it off a route so as to minimize the distance adjustments and fun-with-numbers potential.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline