View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #6
For The Lead
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Hi..this is a follow up to a race that I put up on June 17 and put on my watch list..

here we go again...#8 's last race showed us the ability to close..broke next to last ...past 6 horses before getting to the 1st call..past 2 more to the stretch then faded...horse must still be sharp, coming back in 2 weeks..most of these horses likes to win on front...only one I would consider is the 12..

good luck

mike
Hello Mike,

I just wanted to add my two cents to this post, FWIW, probably not as much as the two cents I just mentioned. lol
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I recall the post from the 8 horses last race and I also recall that you were putting that horse on your "horses to watch" list. I watched his last race, as I'm sure you did and I did not get the same conclusion from it as you did. And here is my thoughts on that. For more years than I care to remember, I have been watching horse races. One thing that I have learned is, when and "early speed" horse misses the break, it will use all that normal early energy in an effort to gain the position it normally occupies, the front. Most times these horses never quite make the lead they so desperately want and whether they do or do not, they have nothing left.
Now I did not watch the race today, so I have no idea how the race ran, but my point is that I don't believe this horse made a "closing" move in it's last race, rather, just a desperate move by an early horse that missed the break.
Good luck,
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
For The Lead is offline   Reply With Quote