Okay after todays play I wanted to ask the many of you that pass, why you pass and I think I know why, but want confirmation , please.
Picking lines should not be a hard thing to do, simple really, if using the criteria as set before us, no??
1st. Try to be within the last 30 days if possible, but never more than 90 days , UNLESS A STAKES RACE, more on that later, and if possible use the last race for the best results of current form, unless there was definite trouble in the race, then look further back, but stay with in 90 days
2nd If more than 2, or 3 unknowns, like FTS, with no lines skip the race.
3rd. Too many shippers from everywhere for something other than a stakes races, like cl and al races, skip it, but 1-2 shippers from a known track are acceptable if there are good recent lines to choose from.
4th. When all lines are the same Distance and Surface, but yet the best races were over 90 days ago, how deep do you go, 180 days, a year back, or do you stick with current form and use 1 of the last 3 always, and if so why, please, your reasoning for it????
5th Too many lay-offs from the runners of this race, at 2-3 or more with over 180 days or a year off, to me means to me much unknown, where only one, amy come up and bite me, but when too many don't even try it.
6th. I always forget this one, Turf to Poly is okay, Dirt to Turf is not okay, or is it vice versa, or are there certain examples where it is okay?
7th. Is there a time when you see it is okay to go deep into a line from the past, well over 90 days or even longer, and how would you justify this?
8th. I rarely go farther than the 2nd line, 1st, because 30 days doesn't have too many 3 lines to choose from, and 2nd it gives me a chance to overlook a troubled race, yet still keep recent form in focus.
9th. When in doubt, do you use 2 lines and then evaulate from there, thus giving you what you want anyway, isn't that right there?
10th. Another I forget is is okay for route to sprint, but sparint to route is kinda proven to be a losing propostion over time.
There are more but this was a few of the line questions I been piling up for others to help me with, by hearing there reasoning behind certain myths and maybe disspelling a few of them, maybe...
Okay again thanks for your help so far
patrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc