View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
Maybe it wouldn't be that way if you POSTED BEFORE THE RACE.

Do people really give a **** what REDBOARDERS post?

P.S. when I logged in to respond, I noticed I had you sorry ass on ignore. So, I must've been on to your **** from way back.
TFM,

It is quite clear that you do not appreciate what you call 'redboarding', which to other readers who may be mystified as to why you seem so upset so frequently - means (traditionally) posting after the fact something like 'oh yeah, I had that race, I'm so brilliant'. The typical 'redboard' poster usually comes across as smug and superior sounding, and generally unhelpful from an educational stand-point.

If anyone can state a site-policy for PaceandCap, perhaps it is me, so here it is: anyone is entirely welcomed to post an analysis of a race after it has run even if you did not do so before the race. This would typically happen in an attempt to be educational or instructive and NOT to be a show off. It is even classier to mention whether you did or did not actually bet the race (extra points for a screenshot of your bet, though certainly not required!) 'Showing-off' is considered bad form and doing it too much tends to get you ignored or pitied. For the record, I don't know of anyone who does that around here.

So - I invite you to chill out, please! Accept the 'PaceandCap' definition of 'red-boarding' and get over it, or avert your eyes.

Or - continue to pepper your posts with terms like **** or ***. As any 8th grader knows - in the context used, that's still profanity, in which case, please read the Terms of Service for this site to learn what happens next.

Or, the best option, IMO - continue posting before or after a race with thoughtful analysis of how and why a race will run or has run, perhaps even helping a few others to understand your approach to race analysis.

But do seriously consider the above 'chill out' suggestion. I know you are a smart guy.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote