View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
The Parx 7 furlong

On Oct 26 Water Tower won a 7 furlong race at Parx.

Down in the selections area
Rmath was asked which pace line he used to get this winner.

His reply got me thinking,

Quote:
Moose you asked why I used line.
Here are the pacelines for the 2horse.
Line 1 is the best of last 3 and is my line of choice because at 7 furlongs I have found that both sprinters and routers run quite well. The other reason is that there are no 6.5 or 7 furlong races in the last 5 races showing for this horse,therefore I opted to use line 1 because this horse had a high CSR number.
Hope this explains my use of this line.
rmath
Although I follow a very strict pace line contender selection method
laid out by FTL in the teaching area, I agree with Richard, I have always felt the same about 7 furlong races,
that sprinters and routers seem to both do well at this distance.

I went back and checked all the 7 furlong races run at Parx so far in 2013.
I then identified the winner of those 197 races as being won by the following notations.

Router = R
Sprinter = S
Both = B
Zero = 0

Router and Sprinter are self explanatory all there pace lines are from that distance, Water Tower is a router

Name:  Watertower.PNG
Views: 1999
Size:  108.2 KB

The notation B / both is for horses who show plus + pacelines at both the sprint and route distance.

The notation 0 is for horses with both sprint and route pacelines but have no plus + races, These 0 horses are also first time starters, or horses with only poly or turf lines.

Here is the breakdown of the 197 winners

Name:  Sprinters do.PNG
Views: 1943
Size:  5.2 KB


Sprinters (S) do have an advantage over the B, R, and 0 winners but its not enough, This is why I will usually only work 7 furlong races with all sprinters
or maybe 1 route horse. If there is a mixture of sprinters and routers I will pass.

thought I would share my findings Water Tower won and paid $17.00
here are RMath lines

Bill
Attached Images
 
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote