View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #10
atkinsrr
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 507
Hey CEW and CAPTDON...I'd like to add some thoughts about modeling and profiling. Doc Sartin stated in follow up #79 page 40 paragraph 3....The old concept of Modeling and Profiling(to which I once adhered) is no longer valid or valuable using the computer programs of TODAY'S SARTIN METHODOLGY....WITH THAT BEING SAID..we have to decide what is best for us to do by keeping records on various things especially the "Wagering Decision Form" (WDF). When I keep an RDSS model sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't....to me models don't work on cheap horses. I only hcp and wager the better horses ...mostly stakes and mostly turf...I am very familiar with most of the Graded stakes horses around the country so that's what I specialize in. Also know the higher class turf runners and am deadly with 5 and 5 1/2 turf sprints. But specializing can have it's drawbacks because you can go thru long periods of time without a wager...but my main purpose for doing this is to make money not bet a bunch of races. My advice is to keep records on what decisions you make and why you made them ...very time consuming and takes a long time to get yourself into a pattern where you are making good decisions...with or without a model....hope this was helpful...Randy A.
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote