View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #10
Mitch44
Grade 1

PETA filed a complaint with the DA against SA on 1 Mar. 19 and the DA has the power to close down SA altogether, indict trainers owners, Vets etc.So I'm sure politics has a lot to do with this issue.

Presently trainers and owners are boycotting entries and closed down racing resuming Monday.

SA is allowing horses to train in the opposite direction on the track now. What took so long for that ? How many breakdowns occurred on a specific side of the horse due to the way tracks train? I see this as not enough data collected or collected properly.

How many of these horses were trained by incompetent trainers? I'm sure there is cheating going on for trainers exams to get a license. Should they have to undergo an apprenticeship for 3 to 4 years before eligible to take an exam such as a bar exam after college.

Like racing rules, jurisdictions can't agree on how or what data is collected to the determent of the whole sport and all concerned.

I can't help but feel that this issue hasn't been properly addressed or investigated.
How about a monetary award for any horse ,owner and trainer whose horse wins without the use of medications instead of awarding purse money to horses finishing last in a race. I.e. the Pegasus that finished 10th(last) and got $350,000. That could provide many incentives to solve racing problems.

I don't think Belinda is as smart as she thinks she is. I do think she is in over her head and grasping for a lifesaver.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote