View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Rmath's 4-factor Method - 'from the top'

I created this Topic to document Rmath's (Richard M) 4-factor method (or '4-number' - never heard him use a different name for it). They constitute the central set of ranks on the RDSS Rx screen.

Rmath has discussed this a number of times but I wanted to restate the Guidelines and usage for newcomers, and everyone really. I am also doing this as a personal exercise in my best understanding and usage of what he does. This is how I tend to use RDSS to handicap. This first post will be updated periodically as Rmath corrects our understanding or clarifies nuances to what he actually does. Discussion and elaboration follows this opening post.

Rmath has agreed that I (or someone helping me) will document his use of this method by capturing his occasional Selections (e.g. Gulfstream) in an Excel spreadsheet which will be maintained here. He says he typically uses this method for Win or horizontal wagers (Doubles, Picks 3,4,5,6). The spreadsheet will help to document the effectiveness of the method, it's hit rate and ROI.

I'll start this next week, but I wanted to create a new Thread for it now.

Thanks Rmath for helping us understand the details behind your method. This will also help me add touches to RDSS to help make this method most usable. This set of 4 factors (VDC, CSR, BRIS ProfitLine/PL, BRIS Prime Power/BPP) are some of the components of Rx3 though not all of them (and not BPP), so there will often be a high correlation, though not perfect. This discussion will focus not on Rx3, but on these 4 factors.

They might evolve into a new composite factor (e.g. 'Rx4') but not sure.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-07-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote