View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Primary use of this Method

This method is primarily used to get horses who can WIN, and thus is most useful in horizontal betting: Doubles, Pick3,4,5,6 wagers. That said, over the years we have certainly accumulated significant vertical wager success, though finding the Place horse often requires some different analysis (see Sartin's 55% Solution Manual). For this discussion, we'll be focusing on horizontal wagers and making sure we have horses who can Win (only).

The 4 Factors

The 4 Factors used in this method are all found grouped together on the Rx+ screen and also on the Entries screen. They are:

-VDC (Velocity relative to Deceleration)
-CSR (Composite Speed Rating)
-PL (BRIS Profit Line)
-BPP (BRIS Prime Power)

Configuration Settings

To replicate Selections by Rmath, I will be using the same Configuration Settings he uses, which are different from the Default settings. The differences are:

1. 100% DTV (default = 50%)
2. Min and Max DTV values to use are -25 to +25 (default = -15 to +15)

Name:  4F.configuration.png
Views: 3529
Size:  30.8 KB

Despite these settings are a bit different from Default, and from the ones I use, for complete documentation of the way Rmath does things, we'll be using these settings. I suspect that in the long run that using any coherent set of Settings (e.g. the Defaults) will result in similar aggregate success even if individual races differ in Contenders or their ranking. I look forward to proving or disproving that idea.

Paceline Selection

For the most part, use the software Default Paceline Selection Strategy ('Best of Last 3 Perceptor ratings, comparable Distance and Surface')

Name:  4F.pss.png
Views: 3801
Size:  32.5 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-22-2020 at 06:19 PM. Reason: corrected DTV range to -25 ... +25
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote