Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #55
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I'm using Ver 2.1.048a. These are minor "bugs" which I've noticed.

After assembling several cards, RDSS will stop working. The last race it was assembling will have all horses grouped as "Non Contender."

To avoid the lock up, I'll restart RDSS after a couple of cards. I'll get the message "rdss2.exe has stopped working" which is unnecessary as I was restarting the program.

Yesterday, March 10, Santa Anita 4th race (Triple Bend Stakes), RDSS kept scratching #4 although #4 wasn't scratched and ran 2nd. I tried to reassembling the race twice with the same result.
Mick,

1. Yes - RDSS crashes. I'm working on it! Since a while. Does it crash MORE since adding the new tote system? Previously advised best practices are to open an instance of RDSS and Assemble a card. While that's working, open another instance and Assemble another card. Continue with as many separate RDSS instances as your experience tells you won't crash. I and some others who test this specifically have topped out reliably at 5 simultaneous RDSS instances on Windows 10 (i.e. 64 bit OS) with 8 Mb of memory. Your mileage may vary.

2. Testers have told me (and I observe myself that using the Exit/Restart Menu to do any of Exit, Restart, Start Another - works better than it did before, but after a while still crashes. Even if you were just trying to Exit in order to start afresh. Obviously more work to do ...

If RDSS crashes during Assembly of a particular race, showing all horses as Non-Contenders (i.e. no Check-marks on Contender setting = neither Primary or Secondary), try clearing the Analysis screen (click the header checkbox atop the stack of checkboxes) and in the Paceline Selection Dialog, uncheck 'Automatic PSS do not change Contender Status' to force paceline selection (automated or manual) to CHANGE the Contender Status initially to Primary.

OR - you could try re-Assembling that race when you resume from the crash - which should clear all previous settings and start afresh (according to your PSS settings).

The Scratch error from SA Race 4 on Saturday came because the tote system as informed that horse #3 was scratched - which it was - but SA in its wisdom (and late publication of PPs) sometimes OMITS Early scratches entirely - namely the #3. Thus, RDSS incorrectly followed scratch advice that the 3rd horse was scratched and dutifully scratched the 3rd horse on the Entries list which was horse #4 (instead of a horse with Program # = 3, which did not exist). I have only ever seen this with SoCal tracks. I will have to add in a more nuanced check that the Program #s also match .

Thanks for the heads-up on that. And thanks for the other testing!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote