View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
BJennet
Grade 1

Thanks, Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
B Jennet,

I'll move this back to the Speculator Forum.

The absolutely simplest solution is to make your computer as if Spec160 had never been installed there, then install it anew.

Try this - rename your existing SPEC160 folder to something else (e.g. SPEC160-PREVIOUS) then create a new, empty SPEC160 folder and extract the files from the distribution ZIP file to this new, clean SPEC160 folder.

Now - downloaded TrackMaster files for Spec get stored in C:\TRKMAST folder. Either clean out any files from C:\TRKMAST which are not data-type files (e.g. AQU1119r.EXE) - this would include any files with DBF extensions, or simply rename this C:\TRKMAST folder to something else (e.g. TRKMAST-PREVIOUS) and create a new, empty TRKMAST folder on your C: drive.

Both of the above suggestions effectively create a new, clean SPEC environment on your computer (with the previous one saved, for reference), and SPEC160 should work again normally.

Let me know if it does.

yours,

Ted
Hi Ted,

This seems to have worked well, but given my dubious computer skills, I always feel like I should keep my fingers crossed. As I said, I had tried this already, but without previously removing non-exe files from the Trackmaster folder, as you suggested. Much thanks for your assistance, as always.

Cheers,

B Jennet
BJennet is offline   Reply With Quote