View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Kentucky Derby Day

Ok, 31 days to go for the big day.

I for one have quite a wonderful time waiting for this day each year, it has always have and always will present me with a challange.

A challange mind you it has won over the past 30 yrs or so, but I still get just as excited each year, Like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, the one that Lucy keeps pulling back each time, yep that feeling.

But this year will be the year , and I would like to invite all of you to come along for the journey and together we can take this day and make it the best day of the year for all of us, ( handicapping day that is ).

This year may be one of the few days I play for real money this year, personal issue's have much of my time this year, but not this day, I will not surrender this day unless I am dead and buried. I am sure that this site and the people here we can take Derby Day and knock one out of the park, and do all this with a plan of attack that rivals no other , maybe even , (if Allowed ) have our own little pool for some of the larger wagers, say Pick 6 and such, just a thought, not if againgst the rules though.

I will post here occasionally giving some thoughts on my wagering strategies, but to just have some thoughts out there to think about...

Maybe the following

Rolling Doubles in each race max bet 3x3

Rolling pick 3's in each race max bet 3x3x3

Possible 3-4 pick 4's on the card hopefully .50 still open on max bets

Pick 6 wager

Derby Superfecta , this is my all-time ,"Nemisis" it gets me each year, so far

Well this would be where you can tell me how crazy I am and how I should quit handicapping for good, or you can join in and we can collectively try to conquer this 1 day of racing at 1 track, sounds simple enough....yeah right !!

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote