View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Pace and Cap Day Plans Info

Pace and Cap Day will be on Sunday August 23 this year. We could not get any tables in the Festival Tent area for Saturday (Alabama Stakes day). We have 3 tables which nominally hold 6 people apiece, but in practice fewer is more comfortable. So first come first served.

I also reserved 1 table in the Festival Tent area on Friday August 21. In addition, PaceAdvantage members are meeting in the same tent through the week and may have seats for a $5 contribution, by chance and availability. Look for Al (OTM Al).

For myself and my Mom, I reserved seats on Saturday August 22 in the At the Rail Pavilion, clubhouse railside, just past the finish line. It costs $80 per seat. Here's the blurb about that from NYRA:

Name:  sar buffet.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  68.0 KB

If anyone cares to join us on Saturday, contact NYRA Group Sales directly and book your own seats as part of the Sartin Methodology Group (that way they can seat us all together). Here are contact details:

1 888 285-5961 ask for Nancy Hatzelman or NHatzelman@nyrainc.com
http://www.nyragroupsales.com/saratoga.asp
Saratoga Dining Agreement and options PDF form.

Bill V is working on getting a seminar together, perhaps Friday evening August 21, somewhere. Stay tuned!

Charlie Bedard plans to host a barbeque Saturday evening at his condo in Saratoga. Meet and greet, eat and drink, work Sunday's races! Charlie also has his usual seats at the 1/8th pole and if you treat him nice (buy him drinks?) he may let you sit with him from time to time

I think Bill may have some goodies planned, which he'll announce in due course.

It will be the first year at Saratoga without Doc (last year by phone) and the 2nd year without Jim 'The Hat'. We'll be able to reminisce about good times, good bets, meet the people behind the names here whom we love, learn from, argue with - and drink a toast to the founders of the feast.

Counting down!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-19-2009 at 10:27 AM.