View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #30
Ted Craven
Grade 1

The screen captures made earlier by Barb used Snagit - lots of markup tools (cheap, but not free). Another good free tool is ScreenHunter Free.

Every Windows version from Vista onwards includes a screen capture tool named 'snippingtool'. It allows you to capture the precise limited rectangle of the screen you want from the start. You don't have to capture everything (i.e. as with Print-Screen key) then edit it down using Paint.

I made a link on the RDSS Desktop to 'snippingtool' with the Screen Capture tool. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In ALL cases, you can get that utility by simply typing in its name in the Windows Start Menu Search box. I recommend saving images in PNG format - they're a little smaller, no less clear.

Not many markup tools in 'snippingtool', but you can drop the captured image into Paint and use that.

When posting RDSS or other software output images, I strongly recommend you capture the smallest screen rectangle which shows what you want to show - omit the unnecessary bits. A maximum image width should be about 1100 pixels or less.

Good luck!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote