View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
lsosa54
Grade 1

Agree with Mike with respect to "know thy track". Very important and it's hard to "know thy multiple tracks". That's why I mainly always stuck with the Socal circuit.

For example, the SAX turf mile has been going to EXDC (normal deceleration) all meet and has been going to the early horse the entire meet. Late closing sustained horses have not been able to get up, sometimes not even to complete the exacta. It makes life a heck of a lot easier when I know I just need to look at my EXDC screen on EXDC/Thoromation for my win decisions.

The poly sprints and esp. the routes are won form the SP screen for the most part. You still have to look at the pace structure of each race's contestants but for the most part, I use the SP screen. Again, makes life a lot easier.

Even though Doc was from CA, I remember him saying early on that the reason he mostly capped SoCal tracks was due to their consistency. They were all dirt at that time and fairly speed favoring, other than DMR sometimes and had pretty consistent distance profiles. I remember I hit a Pick 6 at SAX in the late 80's for about $10K on a sloppy track just by noticing the 1st 3 races were won by the horse that got the lead out of the gate and that's how I played the last 6 races comprising the Pick 6. I also knew the track had been sealed the night before due to rain which made it a freeway.

I don't think the poly has changed things much. It also has consistent profiles if you track them and make your decisions based on them. However, don't ever forget the advantages of lone speed or a lone closer in a highly pressured race no matter what the profile.

Last edited by lsosa54; 04-01-2010 at 03:30 PM.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote