View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 07:40 AM   #8
DontSayDont
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
WOW!
What did the other 4 horses in this 5 horse field look like?
The #3 horse was only able to beat one horse to the first call.
Notice the 2nd and 4th races back. Horse seems to have lost some of its "gate speed". Horse was also a perfect X - O horse in its last 10 races. In today's race it was supposed to be a O race.

Track was listed as good for the first 4 races then upgraded to fast. It didn't look that bad although at least one jock kept his horses 2 to 3 paths off the rail even while on the lead. Favorites came thru on the rail to beat them in the last 16th easily.

I was upset (slightly) in the 5th race were with one minute to post, the odds board no longer showing while they were starting to load, and the BIG favorite at 1:9 and all others double digit odds and 50+k in the show pool, I put in a $2 show on the other 5 horses. The favorite breaks bad (good for me) and then rushes up to contend for the lead but tires in the stretch and gets passed, finishing 4th. But the late money skewed the odds and the only thing I can think off is the big early bet to win must have been pulled from the pool. The show payoffs were no where near what I thought I'd get.

Happy to win but disappointed in the payoff.

Ray
DontSayDont is offline   Reply With Quote