View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
NeedForSpeed
AlwNW3X

Wow FTL we are definitely on the same page! I have been studying conditions as you laid out in your first post. What I am doing is using an example race so I can read that days conditions and each horses PP's conditions. I am using OP 4-13-2013 Race 2. To me its a great race because it has a full field of 12 horses all with full PP history. The race is NW2L and as you can see all 12 horses have exactly 2 wins. This allows me to analyze how these horses won their 2 races and in what conditions they won and the conditions they have been running recently. This is also a great race because I think the winner is not hard to find (I am not done with my full analysis so I don't want to jump to conclusions) and the winner paid 7.50. It also looks like the RDSS software identified this as a winner also. When I say winner I an referring to Sartin's method of selecting 2 horses to win. He seemed to be a big advocate of this especially for his early clients who were just starting off as I am.

So where I am at exactly is looking at PP's for Franks On Fire. I want to select the proper paceline. I ran VDC best 3 option for the auto select. The first thing that jumps out at me is line 3. CL 10/19 N1-3MX. That tells me its Claiming $10,000, Purse $19,000, Non Winners of 1 Race in the last 3 months with exception conditions. What those exception conditions are I am not sure but I am guessing its like you stated in your post because when I look at the odds from that race Frank was 18-1. Thats a big jump from what he has been getting and I am guessing the exceptions are resulting in horses in this field with more than 1 win under the claiming price of theses exceptions. Because Frank only has 1 win he wasn't given much chance and that result reflects that. When I look at this I changed the paceline from line 3 to line 1. The conditions on line 1 are more indicative of today's race and its a good race as its most recent. Being new to this let me know if I am straying from things or not seeing everything correctly.

Finally I do have a question on paceline 1. What does the "s" mean in the conditions?

I attached a screen print its the first time I am trying this so hoping it shows up.
Attached Images

NeedForSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote