View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #13
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFan View Post
Thanks for the lesson Rich. Of course, I have some questions.
1) In the above quote, are you looking at what position and how a horse breaks to press or challenge for the lead?

2) What about habitually slow breakers who are Early and Early Pressers?

3)This looks like new ammunition for you and us for spot plays. Do you feel you will be sharper with this added view of races?

4) Are you looking at ANY horse horse who regularly challenge for the lead at the 1st call / 2nd call , whether his position is 4th or 5th at the 1st call...as long as he challenges for the lead at one of those two calls?

5) Is a horse a fighter and /or challenger if he is 3rd or 4th position off by a neck or head, or is he simply fighting other Other-Than-Early horses and is not considered a challenger to the Early horse at the 1st two calls?

Very nice post.

VoodooFan
Voodoo,

1) SOMETIMES the break helps me to "see" who will be the one dictating the pace of todays race. Above race is good example.

2) To be honest I don't really know. Have to look more closely at this

3) This race type kind of helps me because I can match horses up from the same distance structure. I am not very good when I have to mix and match.

4) Any horse from any position when the pp line shows a "head" or "neck" back is engaged in a FIGHT for the lead

5) If he is 3rd-4th back a neck then there is a real tussle on for the lead at that call and YES he is battling for the lead