View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #74
mick
Abiding Student

Memories of Howard Sartin, PIRCO, Jim Bradshaw and others

I don't think it's my place to start a thread on this topic. After all, I'm late to the Sartin Methodology game. Still, I would love to hear from Sartin veterans about their memories of the Doc, Jim Bradshaw, and others in PIRCO, from when they were at the height of their powers and changing the world of handicapping, at least in this country.

I'll be at Saratoga in just over four weeks where I'll see Ted, Barb, Pook, and Gandalf again and meet Tim G (Lt1), Bill V, and others. I'm looking forward to all the stories. I know that Tim has been involved with the Sartin Methodology since 1990 and Bill V. since the mid-to-late 90's. They have had experiences that most of us will never have because the principals are gone.

It doesn't have to be all good either. We're human beings and that said, none of us are perfect. I think I'm a decent sort but I'm sure there are those who despise me (especially some who appeared before me in court and didn't get the ruling they wanted). Candidly, after watching Doc's last video, I thought he was a little testy. Dick Schmidt referred to him as "ornery." But I take that in context. When he made that video, others had been disparaging him personally and stealing his ideas. I'd be testy, too.

There is no wikipedia page on Howard Sartin and very little history about him or his revolutionary Methodology on the Internet, with the exception of Pace and Cap. That troubles me. (Most of what I know comes from Brohamer's book.) Does anyone else share my feelings? If so, perhaps we can create something of an historical record.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote