View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
Good thread.
Bad race.
I would have passed. I hate when there are multiple entries with little to no info. Been burnt too many times on that account.
This was a good exercise for me, lead. I've been struggling with line and contender selection. But last few days I've seen improvement as I'm gaining familiarity with the abbreviations, thanks to re-reading Follow Ups and you guys posting the screenshots.
I DID take note of the tandems involved in this race! Baby steps are small, but progress is progress.
Thanks for the thread.
As I frequently do, my suggestion is in 2 parts;
1 - read the Paceline Manual
2 - read everything at this link
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8784

Sooner or later everyone has to come up with a consistant strategy for picking contenders and pacelines, otherwise be hopelessly lost.

I see no better place to start than with the guidelines setforth by Howard Sartin at the outset of his methodology.

It doesn't matter what you do, you will not pick the winner of every race or even every race you bet should you pass some races. You will lose races. The idea is to win as many of them as you can. Using one strategy this race and another strategy the next race can only get you and your bankroll in trouble.