View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #9
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
I wouldn't say I'm new here, I just don't post. I loving playing cheap claiming races where almost all of the horses are 1 or 2 for whatever their record is. I became a better player when I stopped saying must have a race in last 90 days, must be this & that. For me every race is different! a 20/1 shot in a grade 1 is not the same as a 20/1 in a $4000 claiming race. I'm not a RDSS user, but do respect the program and the work Ted does.
Well, that's great news!

I happen to focus on the lower level tracks myself. Tracks such as DEL, TP, PEN, PRX, MNR, PIM and LRL with a little MTH thrown in. So I can tell you this.

So far in 2013 at those lower level tracks, horses with a ML of 20/1 or higher have won 2% of all the races there, far below the average of 5%.

The good news is, at those same tracks, horses that have not run in the last 90 days have won 6% of all races at those tracks, which is 1% higher than the average.

I agree with you. Ted has done a very nice job with RDSS, however, it doesn't make ML 20/1 horses or horses that haven't raced in the last 90 days, win. You still have to pick good contenders and good pacelines.