View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Error Message during Convert

Q: After downloading a race card, during the Convert process I get this error message:
Problem during Convert. Could not extract contents of downloaded RDSS PP file [a TrackMaster RDSS ZIP data file - for example: pim20150515.zip]

C:\Rdss2\Temp\RACEDR.DBF did not exist. Please try it again.
A: Almost ALWAYS, this is NOT actually a problem with Converting the file to the RDSS database. Instead, it is usually a problem with your TrackMaster account, such as your credit card expiry date, or your chosen RDSS Data Plan being INACTIVE for some reason. (For example, on the RDSS Registration Tab, if you set RDSS to download against your RDSS PP Only data plan but that plan is INACTIVE on your TrackMaster account page, but your RDSS Bundle Plan (Charts+PPs) is ACTIVE, only that's not the one you are using ... etc).

To confirm this, login to your TrackMaster Account (use the link on the RDSS Registration Tab, or here: https://www.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/my_acct_entry.cgi). Check under your Downloaded files. If the problem is with your account settings, the race card file you thought you downloaded will NOT show up on your Download List. Simply go to your Trackmaster Contact/Billing Info section and update your Credit Card info (e.g. new Expiry Date), or the My Products Tab and set the required RDSS Data Plan to ACTIVE.

What happens is: the file RDSS received from TrackMaster was an ERROR MESSAGE web page, not a race card file, informing you (if you could only see it) - that there was a problem with your account settings. After the recent TrackMaster website upgrade, the current version of RDSS does not interpret correctly ALL these kinds of account-related error messages. Instead, unfortunately, it gives the above unhelpful message about not being able to treat the file as a normal race card file (because it isn't).

This is fixed in the coming RDSS 2.1 upgrade. Until then, please first check your TrackMaster account, or call TrackMaster and ask them to help you ( 800 321-3343
).

Of course, if your TrackMaster account settings are NOT the problem (your credit card is fine, your RDSS Registration page settings about which data plan to use matches an ACTIVE RDSS data plan, and the card file you thought you just downloaded shows as actually having been downloaded on your TrackMaster Download Listing) - then, simply re-download and re-convert the file. Perhaps it got scrambled during the download process (but this is almost never the problem). When you do this - ALWAYS uncheck the 'Don't Duplicate' Task check-box, forcing RDSS to actually do again (i.e. DUPLICATE) a previous unsuccessful download and convert.

If you still need help, just email me (support@SartinMethodology.com), no worries!

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-26-2015 at 04:41 PM.