Thread: Supp. LS
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
The 4 factors on the RDSS2 sup line score are variations and or Ted's "home brew" of the 4 basic
Sartin supplementary factors.

Sartin Pace Number , Fx - which is the same as the FX on the primary factors Entropy and Total Pace Potential

The factors you see on RDSS2 are comparable,to what was on Sartin programs like Val4.
Ted just "rolled his own"on RDSS with the names and took away the repeated FX
Attachment 38947
Thanks Bill.

The Supplementary Line Score, and component factors are a display of important factors other than the Primary Factors which are displayed on the left-side.

Some nuances: the Supp LS ranks (and the hidden Supplementary line score totals which are not shown) ARE INDEED the same sum of ranked factors as in Validator (SPN, FX, Entropy Σ, TS, TPP), so this persists from Validator. I have just removed unnecessary or redundant factor readouts from the actual display: FX (redundant), SPN, Entropy Σ (old, unnecessary, redundant). But the Supp LS is created from those same highlighted factors as shown on Bill's copy of a Validator screen. (You can prove this by finding those factor ranks, including the old SPN and Entropy, in the Excel export model file, then summing then ranking them = Supplementary Line Score ranks). Please see numerous discussions on WHY SPN and Entropy factors are redundant to other factors (use Google P&C Site Search), and thus omitted from the screen.

In the same space occupied by them (and the redundant FX), I added newer factors: TS+F3 (True Speed + Fraction 3, first appearing in 'public' in Speculator) and PF3 (Projected Fraction 3, long discussed in Sartin writings and elaborated on clearly by Michael Pizzolla in Handicapping Magic, named there as Projected Power Fraction PPF. I don't have Michael's 'flare for labeling', so I called it what it is: Fraction 3 energy with beaten lengths at the 2nd call added back in).

Thus, showing in the Supplementary Factors section:

PF3 - Projected Fraction 3 (as described above)
TS+F3 - True Speed (TS) + Fraction 3 (F3) - as shown on the Segments screen, right hand panel (average of the TS and F3, i.e. Final time with extra weighting given to strength in F3)
TS - True Speed (identical to Adjusted Speed Rating, thus a Final Time only velocity measurement)
TPP - Total Pace Potential, a fairly complicated summation (sort of) of E/ep and L/ep = Early Energy Potential and Late Energy Potential (taken from the Energy screen). This is an analogue/improvement? on the older Total Pace Ratings (EPR+LPR=CPR or TPR, as documented in the early Methodology work Pace Makes the Race, and shown on the TPR+E/L screen). Both of these systems measure the relative amount of Early versus Late energy, their differential and the balance of each.

Lastly in that Supp Section is the Supp LS, as described above.

Ultimately, all these individual factors and the Supp LS can be modeled (if you like) using the existing Excel export tools to see if any particular factors give any track, surface, distance advantage.

Name:  blbl.png
Views: 1182
Size:  129.9 KB

The BL/BL screen is a Summary screen of factors drawn from all the other screens. Perhaps some folks get value from the Supplementary and Fractals section, but my 'eye' and analysis stops when I reach the central section containing BL, VDC, CSR (and NewPace if you have it).

Fairchild, hope that is a help! If you want to know more about the derivation of any of these factors beyond described briefly above, please start with the Google Site Search tool, then scan the Follow Ups. Then, if you still want to know even further, feel free to start a discussion.

best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote