Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #317
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
Hi Ted,

Just wanted to let you know the issues I've seen when wanting to work races the night before. You may already be aware of these, but just in case...

If the same track had a card earlier in the day, it seems to think that tomorrow's card is today's. It shows 0 minutes to post on the last race from earlier in the day, and seems to try to find scratches from earlier in the day and apply them to tomorrow's card which causes some errors and other data peculiarities.

Naturally, there's no BRIS PL/BPP figures the night before, but when I get to post time the next day and try to refresh the TS ratings they don't show up. The only way I could get the PL/BPP figures to show up was to re-assemble the races. However, this messes up the lines I settled on the night before. I tried unchecking the "Select Pacelines during Race Assembly" before re-assembling (hoping to preserve the lines I chose), but with that unchecked the PL/BPP figures did not show after re-assembling.

I'm also trying to remember, but I think when the "Select Pacelines...." was unchecked RDSS actually cleared all the line selections when I re-assembled the races.

If there is a way to preserve lines picked the night before while trying to get the PL/BPP figures, or some kind of work around (if I wasn't doing it wrong) please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks Swifty. What you observe is normal, though undesired, when working the next day's races the day before. After midnight ET, RDSS has no way to tell that tote info is not applicable to the current day even if it actually applies to the previous day. The TwinSpires tote API has no datestamp on it to say what day it relates to - it's just 'the current day'. Same issue with Scratches, as you note. This is fixable by some clever means, including using a different tote provider (upcoming), but not with the current RDSS version.

Re - BRIS PL/PP figs not refreshing the next day unless you reassemble (and lose your paceline selections) - I was unaware of that issue and will test it tonight by assembling some races for tomorrow then checking tomorrow for TS figs refresh.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote