View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #8
Mark
Grade 1

It only has been recently that I have begun really to appreciate the thoughtfulness with which Ted designed RDSS2. Initially, I thought it was just a bunch of screens packaged together in sort of a helter skelter fashion. However, as you handicap a race, questions arise about each horse that you need answers to, in order to arrive at an opinion about him. Most of the adjusted screens help you reach a decision. When I finally figured this out I emailed Ted and thanked him for all the patient work he has done to create such an insightful program.
I have been an admirer of Jim Bradshaw going back probably 20 years. But for the life of me I could not interpret or implement his methods. I studied the old Sartin Red Match Up manual, attended a number of seminars but it wasn't until I found the Pace and Cap website that I found the Hat Check Blog and Richie P. For the last 2 years this has been my bible and although I still consider myself a Beginning Matcher, the qualities of RDSS2 have allowed me to implement much of what I now understand about the Match Up. Stacking pacelines by Running Style is easily accomplished with RDSS2. So I am thankful to Ted, Richie P. and of course, Jim Bradshaw for making handicapping such a worthwhile and enjoyable hobby.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote