Abiding Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Mick

It's funny you mention the video, When I first read your post I started to
think about how to describe Howard.

I never went to a seminar. By the time I got into the methodology that practice
had ended

As for as a being Howard Sartin teacher, and guru of Pace handicapping That video and the tapes and videos in the library
are only part of what I have to go by

When I first got the 3 tape Doc video set I used to watch it at my father's house. Dad did not know who Doc' was
I remember dad walking past the TV and says who is that, What a nice man.
He seems like a nice guy, Dad was busy, but he asked if he could watch the tapes later, He did, and he likes Howard very much from those tapes.

On a personal level, I am the wrong guy to ask. I can think of a few people I have angered to the point they no longer post here, simply because I refuse to speak or listen to negativity about my friend Howard.

Howard has a dear friend of mine. he came into my life from my prayers
while I was in a deep depression.

He listened to me and I listened to his problems.

We worked many races together. After awhile it was not a teacher to the student experience, It became a partnership. My success was his success

When I went to visit Doc and later Jim Bradshaw I saw something that is hard to explain, but they both had a tremendous influence in my personal
recovery to become the guy I am today.

They both lived normal lives, They did not live and die with the results of races, They had a quiet confidence that they would win and when they lost they knew why and accepted it and moved on.

Doc was a very good friend first and foremost

Bill
Hi, Bill. I've heard others say much the same thing about Doc Sartin, Ted included, that he truly cared about people and that he wanted to help others succeed. There was Howard Sartin the salesman and promoter and Dr. Sartin, the caring psychologist and counselor. While those in the fold experienced the latter and cherished the experience (like you), those outside probably saw only the former and the cynics among them denigrated him. (How very "common" of them.) I think you were fortunate to have had his friendship (and he yours).

From my own limited experience with the Sartin Methodology and RDSS, I can understand why his sales pitch seemed rather forceful at times. It's because he knew it worked and he was speaking from confidence. When I'm disciplined and follow the Methodology, I make money, cycle after cycle. To heck with the detractors, I know it works. Perhaps it's not as lucrative as it once was, win betting just isn't, but it's still profitable. He broke the code, so to speak, and the many concepts of the Methodology are still affecting handicapping today, whether others want to give him credit or not.

Well, enough from me. I didn't know him. Thanks, Bill. See you in a few weeks.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote