View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #57
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Some Speculator users (including myself) report that on some computers running Window Vista, Speculator hangs with a blank blue screen when attempting to proceed to the Calculations screen (i.e. all the ratings and readouts).

This relates not only to Spec160, but also to earlier versions of Speculator such as SpecPA, SpecNP, Spand, etc. In my tests, all three of these Spec versions failed to run on 2 of my Vista computers, but ran OK on a 3rd Vista computer. Validator4 ran fine on ALL Vista computers.

If you encounter this problem with Speculator, the recommended solution is to install Dosbox, a DOS emulator environment and run Speculator within the Dosbox. Get Dosbox here: www.dosbox.com Also read this Wikipedia article about running Dosbox on Windows Vista: http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Dosbox_and_Vista

Ted
Further to this same problem with Speculator and also with Validator, and also related to Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit versions: one user has recently reported that TameDos also solved this problem for him (www.tamedos.com).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote