Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #84
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Please click on the 'expander' icon [+] on the Entries screen above the Scratch column at left to show several lines of info for each Entry. Under the PL column you can see the actual percentage probability figure supplied by TS for ProfitLine for each horse. If you hover the mouse over that number, you'll see an elaboration (probability and implied odds). RDSS simply ranks these probability numbers and uses those as the rank. If the rank shown on the TS ProfitLine screen is other than RDSS' rank, then they are ranking their ProfitLine differently than their own probability (and thus odds) numbers show. Which is fine! But inconsistent.

Which would you rather have: the rank shown by TS, or the rank computed by the probability/odds numbers given by TS?

Alas, I do not have the PL numbers for the PRX race in question above, else I could illustrate the point. If someone could email me their PRX April 23 ProfitLine downloaded file (folder C:\Rdss2.1\Data\ProfitLine\2018\20180423\20180423-PRX.htm), I will incorporate it into my readouts and repost screenshots to illustrate. Or - Pat (Old Arkie Gal), perhaps you could simply post the 'expanded' Entries screen showing that expanded ProfitLine data for the race in question and we could continue the enquiry?

Also, Tim (Lt1) if you or someone can post an example of the 'expanded' Entries screen showing where each half of a Coupled Entry has a different ProfitLine number/rank - I would be obliged.

In ANY event, my plan is to move AWAY from the detailed PL data available from the TS ProfitLine page shown above (since no one seems to pay attention to it, and when it diverges with TS' ranks, people complain) - to a simple listing of PL Odds and the resulting computed ranks (or tied ranks) which is now available without logging in to TS via the new tote system from TwinSpires Mobile (the former BRIS Supertote).

I just thought that a ProfitLine with probability = odds of 2.9-1 should be ranked higher than a PL with odds of 3-1 though they likely are both rounded to 3-1 and given the same rank. (In a similar way to how there's a difference in a DRF fifths-based time of 45.1 fifth actually being 45.39 tenths and you not knowing that it should probably be shown as 45.2 fifths but got 'rounded down' Just saying ...)

Thoughts, comments?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote