View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Microsoft Surface Pro to launch in January

"Panos Panay, General Manager of Microsoft Surface, announced today that the Pro version of the Surface will be available this coming January. The price, as expected, is high at $899 (USD) for the 64GB model and $999 (USD) for the 128GB. Microsoft notes that this price excludes the Touch Cover, but does include “a Surface pen with Palm Block technology.”

The 10.6-inch Surface Pro has some different specs that the RT version, mainly the Intel Core i5 processor, USB 3.0 port, weighs a bit more at just under 2 pounds, supports Pen input, 4GB RAM, and most importantly will run current Windows 7 desktop apps.

We’ve reached out to Microsoft Canada for specific Canadian pricing, probably will have the usual $20 increase on it."

Does seem a bit expensive but after looking at the specs, this is on par with an Ultrabook. It has some serious horsepower under the hood, and i don't think this is meant to compete with other tablets, but with the likes of a Ultrabook or a MacBook Air. It's nice to see they come with a 64Gb and 128GB SSD (lots of storage) and with the i5 and 4GB of ram, it will be able to handle any program thrown at it, no other tablet on the market can compete with these specs. Love it!

Now, i just need to hit a nice Super to pay for it!
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote