View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 06:27 PM   #24
The Pook
Grade 1

I have emerged from my cave having completed the licking of my wounds. Thanks for the kind words gents. And thanks Ted for posting the video. Whenever I am in need of humility I know where to look and get my fix. I post the occasional good score so I can be burned in public too.

When I posted the results an hour or so after the race I was particularly vexed at the way I lost. Hence the tone of the post. But that is part of what makes horse racing so great. The heart wrenching disparity, emotionally, between some wins and losses.

I lose most of the time as I am not any where near a 50% hitter but all those that had Liam's Map I'm sure were doing the counting of the chickens before the hatching thing. Liam's tried his best. Those on Honor Code were probably equally surprised at his catching ability even if he is a stone cold closer. C'est la vie.

And so Moreno is retired. He deserves a good pasture now after having busted his balls for three years. Oh he's a gelding! I guess not then. Deserves the rest anyway.

Anyway see you all on the weekend when I believe it is Mike up to bat.

Happy Matching,
Pook