View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pagine View Post
My personal goal in 2017 is to become the absolute best handicapper I can be; and with this as the goal, I ask you all 2 questions:

1) What is the best configuration setting?

2) What is the best Paceline Selection Strategy?

Happy New Year to All, and may all of your bets CASH!!

Jon Lee
Happy New Year, Jon!

Well - if you ask me, use the Default settings (that's why they're defaults). Best of Last 3 comparable distance structure and surface, and default Adjustments for DTV and use of TrackMaster Inter Track Variants.

Together with the new Rx line (in testing in RDSS V2.1) this gets you the winner in the Top 4 better than BLBL, and between 77 - 80% of the time (depending on field size, surface, FTS, etc). Then you should do due diligence about whether the chosen line is within the E/L distribution range for this distance/surface, whether there are too many other horses in the race with better CSR ratings (i.e. Top 5 win ~85%+ of all races) or other Contender qualification strategies you use (though this is sometimes a great way to zig and zag and tout yourself off 'apparently' sketchy horses with can still win (or Place). Or you can just try 100 races and see what the defaults + 'hands-off' get you, by way of valid Contenders.

THEN - as you know - you see what kind of odds you are offered for your Top 4. If you have a consistent strategy for eliminating (or hedging) the betting favourite - or confirming the favourite is legitimate, then passing or seeking value in exotics including horizontals - then, along with confirmation by the tote board analysis (Tx1, Tx2) - you're getting close ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote