View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
cprescigno
Spec Rookie

Ted,

I downloaded the trackmaster data file for Belmont 5-14. It went to the trckmast directory as always. I open the file with Val, then I open it with Spec.
What I am looking at is what should be the original paceline which I would think should be the actual times produced by the horse. There should be no adjustment here and I don't think there should be a difference in the times.

First Call shows a half second difference. When a horse is moving at 50+ FPS that's 2 1/2 lengths and to me significant. 2ND Call is only 1/10th of a second difference but Final Call shows a serious difference going from 147.9 in Val to 135.4 in Spec. I would have thought that these original pacelines wouldn't have been subject to the programs interpretation since it's same horse, same track, same race and the actual numbers would be read in directly from the data file. I can post up screen shots for each if it would help you.

Charlie

Ted, please understand here that I am not criticizing. I originally started with Spec. After a lot of comparisons with Spec and Val I found Val3 to be better at predicting the outcome of a race. At least for me. Then the trackmaster changes were radical and changed results. I wasn't hitting the races I was able to hit before. Definitely not at the same rate. Now I am trying to decide where to go for the future. I've seen your new program but that's still months off.
cprescigno is offline   Reply With Quote