Thread: Phase 3 Charts
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #7
Rverge
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Perhaps who ever had that book only played one track and perhaps he found it to be a better adjustment etc. Each track has certain particularizes. Normally one would make these adjustments in your head and leave the chart alone

Then again I have the first edition and perhaps some of the co-authors of the 2nd edition insisted on it. The 2nd edition did have a couple different authors and even Sartin dropped out. So who knows the reason yours is different?

Myself I would use 35 and be consistent with all the other numbers in the original book that haven't changed. Till someone can prove the case or a reason for the change I'll remain with what has proven itself.

Ponder this: The owner of that book only played 7F races and changed it, went broke and sold the book. Your choice, good handicapping and I wish you great success Reverge.

BTW the difference between a 35 and a 35.5 at 7F is 2 & 3/4 lengths, not a small matter.
Mitch44
my book was not 2nd hand. one of the authors put a message in the book to thank me. i have the book in storage and i for get the name. do think its 2nd ed.