View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
barb craven
Grade 1

Hi Bill, thanks for your reply.

1. Agreed. I only put 2 MPT as a supposition. 0 MPT is of course the only sane way to go.

Instructions as to what a person would want to happen if a horse was scratched, falls below acceptable odds or if a Turf race was taken off the turf would have to be absolutely explicit.

2. I know this; but I have certain tracks I like to play. I don't think I'm alone in saying that when I'm working a race, if I stop to do something else, like change a post because conditions change, I lose my concentration, and a lot of times the race. I know there are a lot out there who can do both, but I can't and I recognize it. That's why I asked about question 1.

3. Maybe my thinking is different, but if horse A falls below acceptable odds and horse B has higher odds, I would rather take the money from horse A and put it on a Place on horse B, which would be in my explicit instructions as per issue #1. This my current style of betting and if we are to put up the way we do things, shouldn't it reflect how each of us that enters the contest works and bets a race?

A good example was today's Prx 7. (not in my pick for today, but one I played). The winner, #1, paid $5.40, the place, #4, paid $11.60. If I had posted the #1 and #4 to win with no instructions to change to a place on #4 if the odds on #1 fell below what is acceptable to me, my bankroll would not have risen as much.

Just my thoughts Bill. You are running the contest and have the most work to do.