Old 03-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #3
Jeebs
Grade 1

Part 3

Now the rest of the field:

Name:  1Red.JPG
Views: 698
Size:  350.4 KB

I chose Line 1, which happens to be the 1st tandem listed. The horse was a bigly tandem loser, but it was a plus/zero race. However, Line 2, while a + line, is our +30 race. We are not going to rate this line. If you go further back for a + line, you have to look at September 8th on a sloppy track. At this point, you can either rate Line 1 - warts and all - or designate it as a non-contender. I don't like eliminating horses too early in the process, so I kept the line, with the reasoning being that if its TE stands a good chance of not passing the Energy screen test.

Name:  2Solf.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  375.0 KB

This was a standard last line use. + line, somewhat fair DTV, 1st tandem best finisher and a strong race against a faster than the fulcrum pace of race.

Name:  4Cheri.JPG
Views: 722
Size:  369.8 KB

Once again, this is where the fluke DTV alters our paceline. Line 1 is a +, but due to the +30 DTV in that 2nd tandem, we are not considering that line. Since the + line opens the window, we will look at its 2nd line down. It is a win line against a faster pace than the fulcrum. Perhaps this one was impacted by the track last time out. We selected Line 2.

Name:  5Hy.JPG
Views: 695
Size:  359.2 KB

Just like #4, this one was potentially impacted in its tandem by the +30 DTV. Line 2 on a "normal" track was a win line against a faster pace than the fulcrum. We use Line 2 on this horse.

Name:  7Blaz.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  353.2 KB

Line 1 was my choice. While technically not a + line, the horse was within 2 lengths in the front half of the field. Line 3 seems to validate, but I didn't see a real need to go beyond the last line.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote