View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Future Plans for RDSS

1. I have been integrating tote and other live data access from AmWager for the past year. AmWager is VERY stable, fast, and has a very friendly back-end API (programming interface to their server) which I am formally licensed to use and for which excellent technical support is provided by the head of IT (Jason Martin).

I have made arrangements with them so that EVERY RDSS user can set up an account with them for live data both within RDSS and in a browser. If you don't live in a 'legal' wagering jurisdiction (e.g. California, Texas, New Jersey, Canada, etc, etc) you just can't fund that account or make wagers, but you CAN use it (and RDSS can too) to get all the tote, scratch and result data needed (except for Churchill Downs tracks, so we still need TwinSpires for that and for the ProfitLine and Prime Power ratings).

On the other hand, TwinSpires is just a headache to deal with - period and I will never get ANY support for using their back-end API programming interface. The sooner I minimize our use of TS data, the better. That alone solves MOST of the recent problems.

2. 64 bit version. Will be better at memory usage and stability.

3. Multi-tasking. Like Windows itself, and many modern programs, running multiple tasks at the same time within RDSS will lead to more efficient processing but more importantly, will make RDSS more stable by far. We can currently run a single race (including tote access) without any problems, but RDSS reliably crashes after several races in a row. We will migrate to running EVERY single race in a separate 'thread' or piece of memory, then release that memory when the race is over. This should result in multiple simultaneous stable races all with (presumably) rock solid stability.

Further (very important) this addition will let us assemble ANY NUMBER of races in the My Races module (e.g. hundreds, and overnight, compared to about 12-15 races now before the software crashes due to memory problems), Or, do things like partially assemble all races (e.g. during he Convert process) to find the mix of Running Styles and resulting Pace Pressure, Morning Line Odds ranges and other race info which must first be assembled to get (but can now only be done in small batches). This will help enormously in deciding WHICH races to work, and which ones offer apparently best handicapping and betting opportunities.

3. Finally integrate full Equibase Result Charts within about 30 minutes of race Official.

4. Finally integrate Model keeping (both Brohamer/factor models based on chosen past pacelines, and Track Profiles based on Result Charts). All models queriable, filterable and sortable like the filter/sort system in MyRaces. And exportable to better Excel templates (and CSV files).

5. More streamlined and painless software update process. RDSS will just periodically offer a message to update, which if you let it, it will then do by itself.

6. More tutorial videos (YouTube) and updated documentation.

7. Several interesting new factors on the Rx+ screen, some involving tote analysis or various user-developed contender identification and filtering processes.

8. With an updated ADW connection, first to Amwager, then TwinSpires and XpressBet, RDSS can create and submit complex wagers directly to the ADW as late as you want to wait. Dutching/hedging, complex vertical wagers, etc.

There is more, but these are the MAJOR strokes I wan to work on over the next year, beginning with the top items first, related to stability and usability.

I do welcome any comments and discussion (this thread is fine) on MAJOR features of RDSS which people would find desirable. If they are just minor ideas or tweaks, please use the Suggestions Box Thread (http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10576)

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-20-2019 at 11:18 PM.