Thread: Time to move on
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #6
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Quote:

The second race at Fair Grounds is a race I won. I decided the race was a good race to have Rich work. I have taught Rich that there are only two running styles. These style are Early, and other than Early, which makes it rather easy to determine how the race will "set up." The first step is
to decide the horse that will take the lead in the first quarter mile. The nine horse Smile Away can win only if he can go "wire to wire", and will have the lead in today’s race at 21.4. Now, can he go wire to wire today? The answer is no, because the one horse Tricky Devil has also run a 21.4 and also needs to go "wire to wire." So the race will run, other than early.

Now, which horse is closer to today’s pace? The two horse Secure Line has won from the second position in a 21.3, from the fifth position and from the third position. Secure Line is a great selection to win in a race that will run other than early.

Race Picture(OTE) horse Picture (Postition/Pace) - Winner found

*** The amazing thing is how FAST "Hat" would do these races. The most humbling experience that I have ever had regarding racing. Thank you Charlie.*** - RichieP

Last edited by RichieP; 11-26-2008 at 05:43 PM.