View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 08:25 AM   #4
glass_oni0n
AlwNW1X

Hi all, relatively new to the forum and RDSS but just wanted to add my two cents.

I've found that using the free Bris forums in concert with RDSS is the best way to go for me and I'd argue that they compliment each other. At the very least, the Bris forums save me a lot of time in keeping track logs, as their information works as a very competent "80% solution," to doing the grunt work. I also generally use their ESP designation for horses as a way to marry the biases they show, but like with RDSS, I don't always agree with their designation. I don't think the information of one makes the other extraneous, I think they both make each other more useful.

I've also found that it really doesn't take a lot of effort to do the RX screen by hand using an excel sheet. It would be tremendous if the problem was fixed! But if that can't happen, I find it only adds about 5 minutes on to my process to copy VDC and CSR off of RDSS and then go to TwinSpires and grab PL and BPP. Some may not like it, but it makes me feel like I get to know the horses that much more, and being a daily writer of my picks for the NY circuit this helps.

I do have a question in regards to how RDSS ranks horses in ties. If say two horses are tied in PL (something you see often) would it rank the horses to six (1-1-2-3-4-5) or to 5 (1-1-3-4-5)?

Brian
glass_oni0n is offline   Reply With Quote