View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #66
Mitch44
Grade 1

I have no problems with layoff horses. I also believe what Sartin said in that once a horse is off over 30 days it makes no difference if its 31 , 91 or 391 days.

Layoff horses are only a problem if one perceives them to be a problem. I don't. Otherwise don't ever expect to get good prices and I doubt you'll ever rise above 50% with two horse betting by not being able to deal with everyday handicapping situations.

When it comes to this under or over 30 days its all governed by form. Both the horse and human cycle run 28 day cycles and within that time or out of that time every race contributes to the horses form cycle. Its either improving or declining in form. Workouts also contribute to the cycle as does rest, they also can be over trained or undertrained. Class also has an influence on the cycle as higher class horses tend to hold form for longer periods and can also be trained up to a race through workouts.

With todays instant gratification and Black Box approach little attention is given to the basics of which form is one of them. You can't make the winning team with holes in your game and will only be a minor league player getting minor league pay. Beware of nothing burger statistics. Its about gathering quality not quantity.

That's OK through because it creates overlays everyday and the more well rounded better players need your contributions. No one catches up with form or the game ceases however with form analysis we can place greater percentages on our side for success.

Good luck,
Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 12-05-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote