View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I agree! I do try as best I can to snip threads up and move replies which are clearly making a 'right turn' from the Original Topic - but I confess I don't always keep on top of that. I don't even read all the threads if the original Title is not one I am necessarily interested in, so if it takes a turn from say, PARX handicapping to brownie recipies (or something else absurd), I confess I do sometimes miss that.

Everyone can help by asking themselves BEFORE they hit SEND when they Reply in a Discussion - is this comment related to the current Topic at hand. If NOT, as Mitch suggests, start a NEW Topic. If you feel compelled to call someone out for stupidity or naivete or the equivalent of telling them their 'fly is down' - do it in a Private Message (but also consider doing it using language you would accept hearing from others talking to YOU).

Think: will my comment advance the well being of members here or be a detriment to it. You may think you are just a member posting anonymously to an internet discussion board, but really you are here in a community, who exists to help each other be better in this horse racing sport (and better at the game of life). You are who makes this community a nice place to come to (or not).

Also think: if you were searching through months or years of posts at PaceandCap for info on a certain Topic (based on the Topic Header), and found later that the gist of the discussion ended up having little relation to what you thought you had found in your Search - you might be a bit pissed at the poor librarianship of how discussions were categorized. But there is no librarian here - only the collective efforts of all of us.

Thanks Mitch for the heads-up.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-20-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: moved from Library Forum, Members Contributions (not a Library item)
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote