View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Stan, Jim. I do want to hasten to add, that so far, there is not too much in the contender selection department that is not also found in Validator or Speculator. Some initial Match Up enabling tools, yes, but I'm thinking many of the Spec/Val users out there are smiling when they read these screenshots.

For me, Phase I of this project is, really, achieving a Windows based platform, and a stable, flexible environment to duplicate and re-merge Val and Spec, some efficiency tools, some useful visualization tools.

Subsequent Phases would add in modeling, bookkeeping, wager formulation and submission, and money management. Lots of other great software out there is already addressing all of these things (all normal, even indispensible tools for a professional or serious amateur), but I have always longed to do this from a strict Sartin Methodology/Match Up -orientation, and by some lovely good fortune I now seem to have just that opportunity, am greatly inspired to share it, and am having the time of my life!

Also something about a teaching tool, appeals to me. It seems this was a watch-word for Doc and the original gang, and this new era brings new tools. The sport is changing: internet wagering (despite recent strong-arm tactics), Trakus 3-D imaging and real-time tracking, potential for new, younger blood. All this and some serious misunderstandings out there about just how to make sense of a horse race and profit from that understanding. As 'Premier Turf Club' said to me, the Sartin Methodology is still seriously under-appreciated, by and large, and I'd like to have fun in the coming years addressing that opportunity. I guess making money wagering is only a part of what moves me.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™