View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
Turbulator
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
Sorry Rich;

I'm still not getting sound. I've tried it on both my computers and nothing but beautiful pictures and poems...no sound. Any more suggestions?

Hi, Barb. When I first tried to play the chants in FireFox the page would come up fine, but there was no sound. I asked Jim about this, and he said he wrote his page specifically for Internet Explorer. He said he really didn't know anything about FireFox at the time. So if you want to hear them you have to use IE.

That being said here are a couple of things you can try.

Bring up IE and at the top on the toolbar click on Tools>Internet options>Advanced>Then scroll down to where it says Multimedia. You'll find a check box next to "play sounds in web pages." Make sure that is checked.

Restart IE and try again. If that doesn't work go back to the same place but this time at the bottom of the window click on "restore advanced settings." Wait for the settings to take effect, then click on apply. Reboot your computer and try again.

If that doesn't work try the following in XP. I'm not sure if it looks the same in Vista, but it should be similar.

1. Click Start>Control Panel.
2. Click Sounds>Speech and Audio Devices and then>Sounds and Audio Devices.
3. Click the Sounds tab.
4. In the Program events list, scroll down and find Windows Explorer.
5. Under Windows Explorer find "Complete Navigation" and highlight it. Underneath the box you'll see a text box with a down arrow. Click on the down arrow and a list of options will come up. Find the option that says set "notify.wav" (It might just say Notify.) Select that and then scroll down to: Start Navigation. Set the "sounds" for this to "Windows XP Start.wav" (This will probably say Windows XP Start)
7. Click on apply, then click OK.

Make sure that your PC audio is working and volume controls on the PC and speakers are set properly.

8. Reboot your computer and try again.

Hopefully, this will fix your problem.

Let me know if it doesn't work, there is one more thing we can try.

Steve