Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
rmath
Grade 1

Thanks Barb,Here are a few examples:
horse #1 : vdc 1 , gapfire #1 , NP E2
horse #2 : vdc 3 , gapfire #2 , NP L1
horse # 3 : vdc 2 , gapfire #4, NP L2
horse #4 : vdc 4 , gapfire # 3 , NP E1
Horse # 1 , is ranked #1 and is my main bet (win% is 40% ) if he goes off above 8/5 or 2/1 then I would have a playable race.
Then both horses #2 & #3 would become my second horses because they both have a ranking of 2. I would separate them by odds and bet the higher priced one to win unless both are above 7/1 or higher then I would bet both.
The #4 horse has a 3 ranking and would have to go off at 10/1 before I would even consider a 2.00 or 3.00 saver wager.
Most of my bets are confined to races with 2 or 3 horses that are rated on all 3 ratings. The NP ratings are taken from the entry screen. I will look at the NP screen to see if a horse that is ranked 1 or 2 vdc or gapfire could be considered as a price only horse.
I hope this example helps. If you want another just ask.
If you look at my stats for Aqu you will see that .91666 of all winners at AQU are in the horses that are at least dual qualifers on vdc, gapfire or NP, and the majority of these are triple qualifers.
I find this is really surprising since a lot of these 300 races were MDN. races that I would not normally even look at , but because they were part of the pic4 contest it was necessary to run them.
What I have tried to do is what Dave S. called a double or triple Monty.
The combination of VDC, GF, and NP works quite well together.
Not everyone will come up with the same exact order of horses that I get only because we all will not use the same pacelines , so our vdc rankings will be a little different.
I wish you well, and if you have any more questions I wiil be glad to share with everyone.
Richard
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote