View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 01:34 PM   #21
Dorianmode
always learning

Bill,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
Tom:
I just tried to filter the surface column for turf only. When I did that the summary info in the top few lines said a sample of 605 races, but when I went to look at the sorted data, every race was marked "T" for turf.
Yes. That's the point of the filter function. When you filter for "T", it selects only turf races. If you want all the data back, you have to undo the filter.

Quote:
So when you sort you should only look at the results in the top 17 lines? Is that correct?
With the "T" surface filter on, the numbers in 1-16 have results ONLY for "T" races.

Quote:
Also the percentages of top two, three, and four show numbers in excess of 100% for each column. Surface column sorted for "T", 605 races in APV, and horses in the top two show 102, top 3 140. The formula covers lines down to line 1775 which would mean that any race whether turf or not would record if the rank was top 2, 3, etc.???
The % search for 1 and 2 was not changed to 10,000, as it should have been. The others were OK. I changed it now. Also the % of the totals for 2,3,4 and 5, is wrong, as you say. I have to think about a fix for that. I'll post an updated/corrected sheet this afternoon.

Thanks
Tom
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote